When you think of online marketing, start-ups and marketing media in general, you hardly think of companies in Bahrain ..
Why is that?
Bahrain is probably one of the most under-rated countries in the world in terms of online marketing expertise, yet it is probably one of the most advanced and effective countries in the world when it comes to online marketing. Sounds like a contradiction right? Let me explain ..
We are a small nation
Bahrain has a very small population, which can be a huge disadvantage to growth of a business, or global awareness .. however this makes us super highly effective when it comes to our marketing efforts ..
You see, in larger countries, with a much higher population, you can literally do anything half right, and you will get the desired results.
The advantages of a large population
- If you lose a customer, there is always a thousand others to replace them, and you can hide the negative comments, unless you really screw up virally.
- You have thousands of by passers, who simply walk by your store, and the walk-in customer culture is your main business driver, which simply does not exist in a small country like Bahrain.
- Do some minimal online marketing efforts, have it shared by a few customers, and your business could explode.
- Most customers use google as a every day search tool, and in a large country, you rely on google and reviews, because there are way too many options to check out. So SEO is super valuable.
- With a large population, comes a very diverse population, so there is always a niche market for any business out there.
- With a online culture, customers actually prefer to buy online then going to a local store.
- Spending power is mixed in a large population, and everything is build to scale.
- Larger geographical areas, means online shopping is more convenient than traditional walk-in shopping.
- Cheap same day delivery, from local postal services, makes online shopping super convenient and affordable.
- I remember owning websites, in the UK and Australia, where every dollar in google ads converted to 5 dollars in products sold.
Why Bahrain Marketers are top contenders?
Unlike large populated countries, in Bahrain, we have become used to competing with each other, for a slice of the same share of the same market. Sorry i don’t mean a slice, we fight for crumbs in the same market share.
Unfortunately, one mans success is another mans failure. There isn’t enough room for too many players in the same market place, unlike larger countries.
Survival of the fittest
That is exactly what our culture is about, survival of the fittest.
This makes us work hard to become the best we can be.
We need the best website, the best app, the best ads, the best graphics, the best campaigns just to survive, otherwise we will die with our efforts.
This actually makes us highly qualified in our game, where you can do put half efforts in larger countries to achieve your goal, simply because of the size of the market, in Bahrain, we need to be on top of our game to get half the results.
We have a lot to offer the world, and a lot to export, but unfortunately, whilst we have the mentality that Bahrain is the perfect “Test Ground” for our ideas, we end up burning our cash competing for the crumbs before we can “Export our Idea” and “Execute it on a large scale”.
Too my fellow compadres, we have a lot to offer, and believe in yourself, that your idea will thrive, wherever you go, just keep on hustling and expanding ..