One of the biggest questions that new start ups and clients have, is should you develop a website or an app?
Currently having a start up and more specifically an app has become a major buzzword, and for those who are not as well informed, may think an app is the only viable way to be known as a start up.
So we decided to break down 9 reasons why you definitely need a website, regardless of whether you choose to develop an app or not.
12 reasons you should have a website regardless if you develop an app or not for your start up
- A website is indexed on search engines and can be found a lot easier than an app.
- A website can be SEO optimised, so your customers find you when they are searching for your products or services.
- Website Traffic ads costs a fraction of the price of App Install ads on all the advertising platforms including facebook, instagram, google and snapchat.
- A website is cross platform compatible so can easily be shared with anyone around the world on any device.
- You can share links to specific pages, products or offers on your website rather than an app install link.
- A website can be modified on the fly, which means you can introduce new features and change the look and feel immediately.
- A website does not require commitment from a user to download, install and keep on their phone. Most app downloads tend to get deleted if the user no longer uses your app, and so therefore you communication gets lost with that user.
- Developing, updating and maintaining a website can be a lot more cost effective than developing an app.
- A website is not restricted by app store policies, which gives you complete freedom over the features of your website. Yes you don’t need to get forced to giving huge commissions for app store payment gateways.
- You can split test your website immediately and make the necessary changes to improve your conversion rates and close more sales.
- Your marketing costs will be significantly reduced and your organic traffic will grow over time.
- If your tech team is in house, it is much easier to find web developers and you don’t need different developers with native skillsets for app platforms.