If you have spent the time, money or resources to develop your own direct ordering website, you may realize sales don’t magically grow.
You are still being dominated by 3rd Party Deliveries and paying high commissions.
If you are too afraid to risk leaving these platforms, as they account for a high percentage of your sales, here are some tips, that you can implement to increase your websites sales directly.
User behavior can be very difficult to change, therefore you need to go above and beyond with the benefits your provide your customers, in order to lock them into your website.
11 Tips to increase your direct sales for your restaurant website
- Provide an exclusive online promotion that is not available anywhere else, other than directly from your restaurant.
- Provide exclusive menu items or sections, that can not be ordered anywhere else except from your website.
- Increase your prices on 3rd Party Aggregator platforms.
- Remove your “Best Sellers” and “Customer Favorite’s” from 3rd Party Aggregators.
- Provide Free Delivery through your website.
- Create a loyalty program exclusively available on your website.
- Remove some options from your menu items on your website. For example, do not offer a “Small or Medium” option, only a “Large” option, to get higher ticket items, and to persuade customers to use your website for the extra options.
- Do not “Market” 3rd Party Aggregators on your own marketing channels. You should be promoting your own brand at all times. That includes stickers, logos everything!
- Every order you receive from 3rd Party Aggregators, take the extra step, of placing a message in the delivery bag or even calling your customers, and letting them know you appreciate their business, and asking them if they could support you by ordering direct from your website.
- Provide Discount Voucher Codes that works only on your website along with every customer order from 3rd Party Aggregators. This will be to encourage them to use your platform on their next order.
- 3rd Party Aggregators are great at marketing. You need to step up your own marketing, but you should only be promoting the “unique benefits” of ordering through your website. Do not make your advertising generic.